1 results found
- Page 1 of 1
ROV Support Engineer - Perm Opportunity
Our client are looking for an ROV Support Engineer on a permanent contract based in Aberdeen.
You must have the following experience:
· Previous offshore experience with ROV systems/operations.
· Good communication skills, ability to communicate with several departments to coordinate ROV support.
· Ability to specify, select and order mechanical, hydraulic or electrical equipment for offshore use.
· University, College or Industry education and/or training in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical disciplines.
· Process received offshore MRs and assist with expediting as required.
· Assist in sourcing new ROV parts, provide clarification on part queries.
· Implement and organise any approved modification to the ROV system, ensuring all changes are fully documented and included in the manual as per Quality Procedures.
· Create specifications for purchasing new ROV equipment.
· Assist with recording statistics on ROV reliability, by subsystems.
· Monitor maintenance logs, collate information for analysis, MTBF, etc.
· Assist with monitoring cost of ROVs R & M, including cost sheets.
· Monitor receipt of ROV technical reports.
· Conduct ROV System audits including checking inventories.
· Assist with refurbishment or ROV equipment.
· Second source suppliers of ROV spares and equipment.
· Prepare operational procedures relevant to ROV operations on Saipem managed vessels and assist Sonsub Division Project Engineers in preparing ROV Procedures for Sonsub Division projects.
· Process received Project ROV equipment MRs and assist with expediting as required.
· Ensure all ROV spares and related equipment shipments are dealt with in line with planned schedule and to minimise possible interruption of the operational activities.
· Distribute received offshore paperwork to the applicable departments.
· Perform acceptance inspections before mobilisation of any vehicle (ROV/Trencher) and / or ROV related equipment supplies to the project. Request demobilisation reports for applicable equipment.
· Verify that offshore ROV personnel assigned to the project are fit for purpose. Identify any potential problems with allocated resources or planned crew changes and report to Project Manager/ROV Personnel Supervisor.
· Provide ROV technical support to the Commercial Department when required.
· To be conversant with all ROV items and conditions of the Project both technically and commercially and to have a full understanding of the scope of work related in individual projects.
· Assist in the implementation, control and monitoring of overall Safety and Quality Assurance in all ROV Project related activities as laid down in the Company’s Safety Quality Manuals and Procedures.
· Assist in the preparation and maintenance of budgets for Projects in relation to ROV services and associated equipment.
· Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that the Cost Controller is provided with timely adequate financial information in relation to ROV services.
· Encourage any technical developments or suggestions that will enhance the overall Project or Operational efficiency.
· Assist in ensuring that all ROV related aspects of Project Administration, Engineering and Operations fulfil the Contract requirements and are conducted in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
· Participate in the off duty rota.
· Vessel visits / system audits as required.
· Promote safe working practices.
· Train, mentor and/or guide ROV offshore personnel in their area of expertise.
Our client is a large, international and one of the best balanced turnkey contractors in the oil & gas industry.
Our client has a strong bias towards oil and gas related activities in remote areas and deepwater and is a leader in the provision of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services with distinctive capabilities in the design and the execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects, and technological competencies such as gas monetization and heavy oil exploitation.
- Page 1 of 1: